Pondering the complexities of life.

Thursday, September 8

It's the "7-Things" Tag!

I owe Kira for this tag. (Watch out, Kira - I always pay my debts!)

7 Things I Plan To Do Before I Die:
  1. Attend Mardi Gras (Of course, this will now need to wait until they rebuild the city!)
  2. See my children become happy, responsible adults
  3. Finish renovating my fixer-upper home
  4. Swim with a dolphin
  5. Retire early enough to enjoy my leisure time
  6. Take about a dozen more cruise vacations (a conservative estimate)
  7. Go to Vegas (Oh yeah!!)

7 Things I Cannot Do:
  1. Play tennis
  2. Tell a convincing lie to anyone who knows me
  3. Higher math
  4. Sew
  5. Play the piano
  6. Balance my checkbook to the penny (I'm just not that nit-picky)
  7. Remember where the hell I put my keys!

7 Things That Attract me to the same or opposite sex:
I'm going to assume this is meant in a "relationship" kind of way, and not how I choose my friends. That said, I could have just eliminated that "same" part.
  1. He's tall and slender - sort of the "boy next door" type (Clearly I started off with my SHALLOW nature!)
  2. He's financially responsible - neither over spends nor is tight-fisted with his money
  3. He has a positive, easy-going attitude
  4. He likes to DO stuff, not just sit around and watch TV
  5. He shares my core religious beliefs
  6. He's polite, respectful and not in love with himself
  7. He likes kids and animals

7 Things I Say Most Often:
  1. EGADS! (Actually, I usually write that - I rarely say it.)
  2. Crap! (I never used to say that. It's a recent vocabulary addition that I use far too often!)
  3. When do you need this delivered? (Work-related - the response is typically "Yesterday!")
  4. I love you (I've always said that a lot, but I've been saying it more recently)
  5. Get off the phone (I have a teenage daughter)
  6. Let me tell you about the prison story Lejnd posted today!
  7. I'm going to check my email

7 Celebrity Crushes:
  1. Rob Lowe
  2. Kevin Bacon
  3. Paul McCartney
  4. Sam Waterston (It's a mystery, but I find him attractive)
  5. Johnny Depp (Isn't he EVERYONE'S??)
  6. Tom Mason ;-)
  7. Gene Maudlin ;-) (Is there a more famous celebrity around here??)

7 People I Want To Do This List:

  1. Lejnd
  2. Paige (consider this my subject matter suggestion!)
  3. Maggie
  4. Blog Ho (Cause you're so good at tags!)
  5. Steve (I owed you a tag!)
  6. Monique
  7. Paul

14 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

Oh dang, really? Me? Okay, I'll get right on this tomorrow. You've saved me from having to think of something original to write! ;)

11:43 PM

 
Blogger Paige said...

::sigh:: okay, I'll put it on the list.

5:34 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Monique/Paige: I'm not fond of being tagged in general, but when I'm struggling for something to post, a tag can be a life-saver!

This is a pretty easy one. ENJOY!

6:34 AM

 
Blogger Kira said...

I hate being tagged, but hell, when it happens I always spread the joy ;) I await my punishment later, Mandy! LOL!

Swim with a dolphin is a good goal. I would love to do that too! And I was unclear about the attract question since it said same or opposite. I wasn't sure if the question was trying to be PC or if it meant as friends as well as lovers. I just chose lovers.

7:30 AM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

You are so clever. You buttered me up before you tagged me. Right back at you with the ;-).
(Celebrity is quite a stretch.)

8:16 AM

 
Blogger acw said...

I don't think I would have the patience to go through lists this long and introspective. Nice to read yours though!

11:41 AM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

Mine's done. I posted it on BornFool.

11:55 AM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

So you like 'em tall and slender?

Just some advice--don't trust any guy under 200 pounds. Seriously.

Your other answers were okay so . . . . A-

12:19 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Cowboy: Are gas prices less of a concern when you can commute by bike?

Kira: Yeah, I took the "same sex" thing as a stab at political correctness as well.

Lejnd: You can attract more born fools with honey...or something like that. You'll be a celebrity if I have anything to do with it. I'm constantly recommending your blog to other bloggers and telling your stories to non-bloggers. (Can you believe there are people in this world who DON'T blog??)

Anonymous: Thanks! Quite the compliment given the dry and boring nature of my list.

Big Dave: Sorry...I guess the boy next door must have been tall and thin!!

12:30 PM

 
Blogger Blog ho said...

saying i love you more recently...hmmm.

12:31 PM

 
Blogger -G.D. said...

I've been meaning to stop by your blog...and here is a tag. LOL. Great blog (outside of tags).

1:58 PM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Hoo boy, I just got an upgrade and it didn't cost a thing. Thanks, sweetie.

2:18 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Ho: Yup!

GD: Sorry to disappoint you with a meme.

Hoss: You're the biggest celebrity I know!!

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Monique said...

Okay, it took me longer than I thought to get to this, but the deed is done.

6:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home