Pondering the complexities of life.

Thursday, November 13

A few updates

Still no real updates on the situation with my soldier (see below). The army is insisting to him that he can travel with just his military ID and leave paperwork. That conflicts with all the other information I've gathered, which is that he needs a passport. I want him to have those folks on his base call the airline. If the airline says he can travel with just the military documentation, then I'll be satisfied. But I think his army travel people are wrong. I suggested he wear his uniform to the airport. No worse press than to deny boarding to a uniformed USA soldier heading home to see his mom. But my son tells me the military won't allow them to travel in uniform for security reasons. The saga continues...

Just got back from a business trip to Pennsylvania. Among other things, I was there for my annual review. It went well. I remain employed!! In this economic environment, that's a very good thing!

CHEERS!

4 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

YAY for continuing employment!

Boo to the gov. for the mess your son is in. I hope it gets resolved soon.

10:48 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Thanks, Judy. And I agree...YAY for continuing employment. I've experienced the alternative, and it's NOT pleasant!

Have I told you lately you're TERRIFIC?

7:15 PM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

Brings back memories for me. I tried to pry my brother loose from the Navy to come home for my wedding. My Congressman's office was some help but government bureaucracy being what it is, he never did make it. Somebody told me later that contacting the Red Cross would have been helpful. I'm not sure why, but that's what I was told. I sure hope you see your son soon though, especially with the holidays coming up.

12:29 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

This is disturbing to me as a mother more than anything else. I can't imagine what it would be like to have my child home, only to have the trip nearly yanked away under my nose. I really hope he can travel with the military ID. That seems only fair--let those who sacrifice so much for our country have an EASY path home!

7:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home