Pondering the complexities of life.

Monday, October 22

Forgot your password?

When you need the assistance of the password prompt to access your blog, it has been too long.

When you need to be prodded by an old friend, who emails the magazine where you have published some amateurish articles to see if you're still living, it has been WAY too long.

Thank you, Paul. You are a sweetheart. I'm very much alive and very flattered that you care.

To Kenju: I've been regularly praying for you. I apologize for not writing or stopping by your site. Please don't assume it means you are not on my mind.

Tom: I'm still waiting for that promised email. I'm going to have Paul hunt you down if you're not careful!

Gene: You're voice is still on my answering machine at home and I hear it all the time. And that picture of the two of us in that Vegas hotel is still hanging in my bedroom. Let's leave it at that.

Kira: I hope all is well with you, Alex and the kids.

Okay...news.

Until a few weeks ago, there was none. I was getting nowhere on the job hunt, thinking I'd have to wait until after the first of the year. Then, out of nowhere, I got a call from a former colleague. She had recommended me for a new position. The company is located out of state, but the job would be as an on-site representative for a company here in New England.

I sent my resume, exchanged some emails and spoke with the VP, all on the same day. A week later, they flew me to Baltimore for a day-long series of interviews. A week after that, I spent a little over two hours interviewing with the folks at the Massachusetts office. The next day, that would have been this past Friday, I got a call saying that the feedback was very positive and I should expect an offer by Monday. (Today.) I did get an email from HR, saying they were still working out the details of the offer and it would be forthcoming tomorrow. Yes, I will be asking for it in WRITING!

The salary being floated is about 20% higher than I'm currently making and the job involves overseeing print production. Printing is where my work-enjoyment is. My current job is so far removed from the printing, which is all done in China.\

I'll keep you posted. (Really Paul, I promise!)

Paul and I had our third annual Halloween party this past weekend. We had it early because of some conflicts his kids had, not realizing it would end up falling on the night of a crucial Red Sox game. It limited our party attendance, as serious fans chose to avoid the distractions of a party, interfering with their enjoyment of the game. About 50-55 people attended, which was a manageable number. GO SOX!

Here are some photos. The blond is my daughter, wearing a wig. She attended as Daisy Duke - the Jessica Simpson version. Her very revealing costume was not mom-approved. That's why I chose this photo where her bare belly and short shorts are not visible!




Paul and I dressed as gangsters.



PS: I got my new Select Comfort ("Sleep Number") bed. It looks just like the photo a few posts down. I LOVE it! My only regret is not having bought it sooner. The most comfortable bed EVER! And my TV is finally fixed. I just picked it up on Friday. It's been months! I'm waiting for Paul to come down later this week to get it hooked up to the cable box. I'm only getting basic cable right now because I'm to inept to hook it all up!

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Well, sheesh! You've been busy!!!

Welcome back. Nice post. Looking forward to hearing about the job offer.

1:24 PM

 
Blogger kenju said...

YAY! Whizzer is back! The question is: will she stay around?

I hope so. Thanks for the visit yesterday - and thanks for the prayers - I need all the help I can get!

I pray you get the job offer and that you enjoy the job!

1:49 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Got an offer today, but there were some holes in the information that I needed to have clarified. (concerning 401K and vacation time) I sent a list of questions in response to the offer letter and I'm waiting to hear back. I suspect it will take another day to hear back. I HATE the unsettled feeling of being SO CLOSE, but not quite pinned down. But I'm not going to make the mistake of accepting an offer with ANY sort of UNCERTAINTY! I've been there, done that and it wasn't pretty!

Thanks for your support!

2:26 PM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

Good to hear from you, Wordy. Glad things are continuing to look promising for you over there too. Hea, pretty soon we need to upgrade our TV technology--if that is the right phrase. They say we have to switch to digital by 2009 so I better get started pretty quick, not being the handy guy your guy is. I figure I'll need a year to get it right.

7:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home