Pondering the complexities of life.

Thursday, September 6

19 points

That's my new daily Weight Watcher point intake. Of course, I won't know how to count points until my book arrives. Funny how I expected that information to be available on-line, once I paid the money to join. Oh well...

After nearly 20 pounds in two years, I've given up trying to do it on my own. I joined Weight Watchers on-line. (That means I don't go to meetings. Who has time for that??)

My book should arrive in a week and then I can legitimately start the program. I'll let you know how it goes. I was tempted to try a more idiot-proof program with pre-packaged foods, like Jenny Craig or NutriSystem. However, a close friend swears by WW, so I'm giving it a try. I hope I can keep up with the counting, record-keeping, portion measuring, etc. I tend to quickly lose interest in stuff that requires too much administration.

I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Golly, Missy, you are NOT fat. Quit the program, quit the salt, and live happily ever after.

9:23 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Thanks, Hoss, but I've gained a lot of that 20 pounds since you last saw me up-close-and-personal-like. It's diet or buy all new clothes. If I was wealthy enough for the new clothes, I'd get liposuction instead!!

But thanks for the compliment. :-)

Love ya!!

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

I gained 30 pounds in three years myself. I know what I have to do to lose it, but I'm just not there yet to where I'll actually follow through. I am no good at willpower with food and wine!!!! But, yeah, I can't afford new clothes either, so I am close to that mark where I'll be joining you in dieting fun.

8:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home