Pondering the complexities of life.

Wednesday, August 15

Good news/HORRIBLE news

I'm apparently still in the running for the job I wanted. However, my boss at the place where I'm currently temping has already let go the woman I'm replacing - before getting approval to hire me, making me an official offer or receiving an official acceptance that I'll take the job! Don't think that doesn't concern me! EESH.

THAT was the GOOD news.

My son, having just arrived at his new army base in Italy, was informed that his unit is shipping to Afghanistan in late September or October. At least it's not Iraq. If it was, I'd be completely insane, rather than merely hysterical.

2 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Maybe that woman is just certain you'll take the job. I hope you get the other one, so she can learn a lesson!

Oh, well, tell your son to enjoy Italy while he can, and I wish him God-speed in Afganistan.

7:50 PM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

The old good-with-the-bad trick. You are not having a particularly happy time of it. But you will nicely survive, because you are so talented and your son is so lucky (to have you as a Mom).

2:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home