Pondering the complexities of life.

Thursday, June 7

GOOD NEWS!!!

The CT scan showed no signs of the two spots visible on Paul's chest x-ray. It did, however, indicate one small spot on his left lung. The doctor said that spot is definitely not cancer. He believes it to be nothing more than a small scar, some ruptured blood vessels or some harmless, non-asbestos material he may have inhaled prior to the test. Paul took the results to his regular physician today who told him he sees at least three cases per month of mysterious spots on chest x-rays that turn out to be nothing. To be safe, he wants to run follow-up scans every three months for a year, then drop to every six months, then go back to the once-a-year schedule. He's probably being overly cautious, but that's okay by me!!

I spent all day working in the yard today. I realized that I've done virtually nothing in two weeks. I've had no energy or motivation -- just WORRY! I felt incredibly energized today. It was great.

I spoke to my son tonight and he is unable to infer from his orders whether his assignment to Germany is semi-permanent or merely a stopping place. He said that, if he is shipped out from there, it would most likely be to Afghanistan, not Iraq. That sounds somewhat safer to me.

I'm still waiting to start my temp job. Paperwork to get me added to the payroll has been delayed by the absence of some critical people. I'm HOPING now to start on Monday. That would give me only ONE DAY to train with the woman who is going on leave. Not much time to learn a new job! Oh well...I can only do the best I can do and hope for the best.

To Dave: Loved that "bear to cross" line and you can be sure I'll be "borrowing" it without crediting you in the near future!

9 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Very good news about Paul! I had spots on x-rays before that turned out to be calcium deposits on my ribs, but until you know, it is scary!

12:11 AM

 
Blogger Peter said...

Good news indeed WW.

6:16 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Thanks, Judy and Peter!

Oh, and to Paul N: I went out and bought the Reader's Digest today. That woman's life is SO different from mine. I get the point she was trying to make, but it didn't really fit my circumstances.

I start my temporary job on Monday. I'm still looking, but will have to borrow someone else's computer to apply for jobs. I'm having all sorts of problems with mine and it absolutely will not allow me to fill out applications on company websites. It's VERY frustrating. I can get as far as Step 7 of a 10-step application, and then the whole thing goes back to the home page, discarding everything I've done.

11:16 PM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

That "bear to cross" line is one my boss used to use all the time as in "We all have our bears to cross."

You know what they say. Good writers borrow, great writers steal.

10:04 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

DAVE: Speaking of writing, I still freelance for that magazine each month. The June issue featured an article about our trip to Vegas! I noted one typo when I read it - don't know if it was mine or theirs - but otherwise I was pretty pleased with it. The article REALLY made me want to go back to Vegas!

10:27 PM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

How come you no tell me you are back among the living?

Sorry about your bad news, but very happy for Paul. Just keep smiling, Whizzer, and something will come along.

Yrs. truly do,

Hossie

2:40 PM

 
Blogger A* said...

OH YAY!! I am so excited to hear about the greenlight of good health :)

Best of luck to your son, Whiz!

12:10 PM

 
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Good news on two fronts. Two outta three is good. Get some safe and good news from your son and you'll be batting a thousand. Then you will have unbounded energy--and you can come over here and work in our yard, too! Thanks for the happy update.

8:38 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

HOSS: Don't cha read your comments??

A*: Thanks - and for the email as well! So nice of you.

PAUL: You're a loyal friend. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

10:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home