Pondering the complexities of life.

Saturday, June 16

TGIF!

I survived my first week at the temp job. I'm still feverishly looking for a permanent job. During my first week on this job there were layoffs announced. Not in my department, but some big heads rolled in what was described as a "re-organization". Yeah... I think my chances of landing a permanent job here are slim to none.

I wonder how people do temp work all the time. It's very stressful. I know all companies have their own jargon, acronyms and project codes. But for someone new, it is like going to work in a place where everyone else is speaking a different language. I'll catch on eventually, but for now, I'm often left wondering what the hell they're talking about. I couldn't handle doing this on a regular basis. I need more stability and familiarity!

Gotta go...it's late and I"m TIRED!!! This work stuff is exhausting!

6 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

I am certain you will catch on quickly to their jargon, Whizzer. Hang in there!

7:00 AM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

If you don't know anything, tell 'em you want to be CEO. Obviously, the CEO doesn't know anything, either.

7:22 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

Look, if they are laying off folks in OTHER departments, I still think you've got a solid chance in your dept! You're smart and talented. It will work out. I just know it.

9:35 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

JUDY: Thanks. I'm really kicking myself for thinking my other job was so awful. It's the greener grass phenomenon. This job is HARD! I'm sure it will be easier when I begin to catch on, but even then I think it will be HARD! Long hours, very demanding...I'm so TIRED!

HOSS: Never have met the CEO. I believe his grandfather invented the electric vaporizer and his father is a cartoonist. At least it makes the website sound interesting.

KIRA: Over 50% of my department is contract labor. They would have fewer people than they do if they actually showed up on the employee roster. VERY UNLIKELY...VERY!

10:17 PM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

Have they had you working on TPS reports yet? I absolutely abhor workplace acronyms, it being one of biggest pet peeves.

You do know what a TPS report is, though, don't you?

9:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my chances of landing a permanent job are slim too!

10:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home