Pondering the complexities of life.

Saturday, August 18

COMPUTER'S UP AND RUNNING!!

Guess what? I'm typing this on my home computer! The geek just left and he seems to have fixed it this time. Next chore, find someone to fix my relatively new TV, which has sound but no picture. It shows only a yellow-green glow. It's been down for about a week and a half, but I could only deal with one vengeful electronic appliance at a time. (Did I mention I had to buy a new lawn mower? Yeah...that machine revolted against me too. It's like one of those bad science-fiction movies where the robots revolt against the humans.

That job I really wanted? The company didn't get approval to fill the position. I'm assuming it's a budget thing and they are being forced to wait until next fiscal year. Why would a company review resumes and interview six different candidates for a job they don't have permission to fill? What a waste of time!

At least I can stay where I am for now...even it it isn't what I want to do long term.

2 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

You et one big YAY and two BOOS. Yay for the computer, and boo for the TV and the job. They probably did that to keep busy - or make someone think they were busy - but it is bad that you had to go through that process when there was no carrot at the end of the stick (only a fake one).

11:30 PM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well, that takes on decision off the ol' plate.

Weird though it was. Interviewing for a job they can't fill? Boobs aplenty, you ask me.

6:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home