Pondering the complexities of life.

Wednesday, November 7

I'm not dead...

Sorry it has been so long. My life is crazy lately, but it is all good.

Just two more days at my current job and the list of things I need to do before I leave grows longer every day as my boss’s panic increases. It will be a jam-packed couple of days with lots of work and way too many meetings. Oh well…the time should at least pass quickly.

I fly to Baltimore on Monday for a week of training. I’m home Friday night; then back again on Sunday night for another two days. I’ll return home very late on Tuesday night, but I’ll be off the rest of the holiday week. I start the new job for real on the Monday after Thanksgiving. I’m very excited about this new adventure and really looking forward to it.

The magazine article I’ve procrastinated about – the one that’s due on November 21 – will likely be written in a hotel room while I’m traveling. I wish I had a laptop (stop laughing…I know I’m way behind the times!). I’ll have to gather notes ahead of time and start my first draft by hand. (I’m going to hate that. Maybe I should buy a laptop this weekend. I wonder if I can afford one…???) Maybe I’ll just check to see if there is a business center in the hotel with PC’s available for use by the guests. Do such things exist these days, or does everyone else in the world have a laptop?

Hope you are all well. Judy, I’m still praying for you and your husband! Hoss, still admiring your photo before I drift off to sleep. Paul, thanks for publishing my hat photos. I just loved that post. (What does that say about my ego?) Kira, I hope all is going well with you and Alex. Tom…where in the world did you go???

3 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

THANKS for the prayers, we do need all the help we can muster. I don't have a laptop either and I won't ever have one unless someone takes pity on me or I win the lottery (can't win if you don't play)! Good luck in your training.

7:53 PM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Oh, hell, I forgot all about Tom. What's his last name?

mbenditem@msn.com

If you know it. His name, that is.

I am very pleased you're getting along so well. And, yeah, buy a laptop. Get an Apple.

8:59 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

You've got to be kidding me! Get a laptop :) Glad things are going well!

9:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home