Pondering the complexities of life.

Thursday, November 8

"Love Actually"

Someone at work loaned me this movie. He said it was a "chick flick".

It occured to me that, as much as women love watching these romance movies, we are painfully aware that the charming leading men - even when bumbling, like the ubiquitous character constantly portrayed by Hugh Grant - are far TOO romantic to exist beyond the "chick flicks". In real life, men don't call every day, just to say, "I love you." In the real world, men don't give flowers "just because". They don't open the car door - at least not after the first few dates. They don't cuddle on the couch, remember all your special days or happily watch a chick flick, "just because".

Except for this guy. He does all those things and more.

I'm the luckiest woman alive!

9 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

I have never watched that movie, but my daughter saw some of the filming of it in NYC. If Paul does all those things (or even a few), then you are indeed a lucky woman!

11:32 PM

 
Blogger Peter said...

What's more WW he looks like George Clooney, now that can't be all bad.

7:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi WW. I just read through your latest updates and am so glad that things are finally looking so positive for you. Congrats on the new job!!

8:59 AM

 
Blogger Kira said...

Well, as you know, Alex does all that too! We're both the luckiest women alive :)

4:21 PM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well, okay, but he is the luckiest guy...

7:19 PM

 
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Well, now I'd say My First Wife is sorta lucky. I almost always hold the car door for her--any door, for that matter.

I've often thought about that. Where'd I come up with that, other than the "first few dates?" I think I learned it from my dad who was quite attentive to my mom.

8:39 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Kenju: You should see the movie - particularly if you like Hugh Grant or Liam Neesom. Great movie.

Peter: Hmmm...not sure about that. Paul was flattered at the suggestion, however.

Monique: Just back from a week in training. I could never handle a job where I had to travel constantly. Staying in nice hotels and eating out every night only SOUND exciting. I'm SO, SO, SO glad to be HOME!!!

Kira: Yes, I do know Alex is another gem...perhaps the original gem upon which the rest of mankind - at least in this blogger world - have and will forevermore be judged! We're both lucky!

Hoss: As is your lovely lady!!

Paul: Well, naturally. Another Paul. It must run in the NAME!

10:19 PM

 
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

We're off to Texas for a week. Want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Hey, stop by my blog for a second.

2:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, read this and thought "My husband does..." after each point it made! My husband has always given my flowers 'just because' and calls or texts me every day to say "I love you". We cuddle on the sofa (need a new one, but we manage on the ratty old one!) and he has always held the car door for me... he says he doesn't care if it's not 'in fashion', he thinks it's the proper thing to do.

3:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home