Pondering the complexities of life.

Thursday, August 18

Virtuous Bitch

I talked to my new male friend on the phone last night. He mentioned that his female dog was currently in heat. Nonetheless, he let her outside, unguarded, while getting ready for work yesterday morning. When he tried to get her back into the house, she was nowhere to be found. He called and searched for her. Fearing he'd be late for work, he had to leave.

When he returned in the afternoon, he expected to find her in her usual place on the porch. She wasn't there. He called. He whistled. He questioned the neighbors. No sign of her. Now he was beginning to worry.

He changed clothes and set off to look for her. When he opened the door, there she was. He's not sure where she spent the day. He speculated that she was likely down the road, visiting some neighbors with children. She loves children.

I couldn't help myself. I burst out laughing. I told him to start preparing for puppies. "Oh no," he assured me, "she wouldn't do that."

Apparently, this animal possesses unusually high morals. She is not affected by her cycles or sexual urges. She has risen above such basic and primitive instincts. Besides, she's getting too old for that stuff.

Yeah...um, right.

I looked up the gestation period for dogs. It's 9 weeks. In a couple of months, one of us is going to be saying, "I told you so." I hope it's him and that his prized pet truly does have a remarkably virtuous character and would never be out...well...acting like a bitch in heat. Because if I'm the one saying, "I told you so," he's going to have a whole HANDFUL of dogs to take care of.

And NO, I do NOT want a puppy!!

------------------------------------------

Special thanks to my good friend Tom…er…I mean…Lejnd, for guest posting on my blog yesterday. Have you noticed how much classier the place has become since I asked some really high-quality writers to display their talents here? It's like my blog has a whole new aura! Wow!

16 Comments:

Blogger bornfool said...

A dog of high moral character? lol. Still lol. Puts his dog on a pedestaldoes he? lol. BTW, I don't need a puppy either. lol.

6:45 PM

 
Blogger naughtygirl said...

lmao i bet it does have puppies.lol

8:01 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

EGADS...there are a lot of "lol"s living on my blog!!

We're going to place a little wager on it. We've not settled on the conditions. Someone is going to be buying dinner or ice cream sundaes or something. I hope it's me. It would be adding insult to injury to force him to pay off a bet AND be stuck with 10 puppies to find homes for.

8:17 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Jack: I'll check it out. I have a good friend who has some Agent Orange related problems from his Vietnam experience. It's sad.

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Monique said...

I certainly hope for everyone's sake that he gets to be the one to say "I told you so." Funny story!

8:57 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

Oh, wow! That is JUST HILARIOUS!!!

I have this vision of her going over to play with children, the children petting her, and this male dog coming up. She growls. "No, we aren't married! I shan't give in to your wicked advances!" she barks out, and when he menaces her further, she steps protectively in front of the children. "And certainly not in front of the kids or I BITE YOU where you DO NOT WANT IT!"

The male dog then yips, terrified, running off, warning all other dogs not to get near that crazy bitch.

She feels happy and morally superior when she returns home to her master later that day.

Oh yeah, totally what happened!

9:32 PM

 
Blogger Paige said...

not that it's been bad, but I really miss ya wordwhiz. I want you back, that's what I come here for!

9:51 PM

 
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Howl! Howl! Howl! That's a good one, Whiz.

"Oh, no, she wouldn't do that..." Run, Whiz! Run!

10:05 PM

 
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

No! No! The other way!

10:05 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Kira - you crack me up!!! That is just priceless!!!

10:21 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Paige...awww...you're so sweet. Tomorrow I'm posting a reader appreciation piece. You're on there. Come back for your share of compliments!

10:21 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Paul: You know I love you!! You're too cute!!

10:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new male friend?

Talk about you being in heat... haha.

10:33 PM

 
Blogger Ryon said...

I hope you are right...cause I wants a puppy.

12:01 AM

 
Blogger DBFrank said...

A dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta do...

6:06 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Monique: I hope he's right too!

Maggie: I bet your puppies were so cute. You have just about the cutest dog I have ever seen!

Joe: I'm shocked you would make such a comment about someone as virtuous as myself!! :-)

VG: Yay...a home for one puppy located. Now how will we get it to Vegas. Hmmm...

RJ: Somehow, I can picture you with a Chow. Isn't that odd?

Cowboy: 9 weeks...we'll see. Want a puppy??

6:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home