Pondering the complexities of life.

Sunday, February 12

Update

New England is buried under a foot of snow...and it's still falling.

Paul and I went out last night for the pre-Valentine's Day date we'd planned weeks ago. He took me to a very nice restaurant for dinner, then we went into the lounge where they had a live band playing crooner music (Andy Williams, Perry Como, Frank Sinatra type stuff). We bumped into a couple Paul knows and sat with them. They'd been on ten cruises and were very helpful in trying to convince Paul how GREAT cruise vacations can be. Assuming there are no huge problems on the flight to Vegas, I don't expect to have any problem getting Paul on that cruise of the southern Caribbean next January.

Paul gave me flowers (as Kira could have predicted), but no Valentine's Day card yet. As the day approached, Paul decided we needed to get together on the actual date of Valentine's Day, so we'll be going out again on Tuesday night. That will be a more casual "just hang out" date. I'm so spoiled!!

Sorry I've not been around much. I'm unpacking from my recent cruise, packing for my next cruise with the kids (February 18), refinancing my house (closing on Thursday), and trying to spend some extra time with both Paul and the kids to make up for having been away for 8 days. There are just not enough hours in the day!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kira said...

Hmmm....and what will be WITH that card, eh? Inquiring minds want to know! Keep us posted!

Yes, flowers are a must, of course. If Paul had to go cut him himself because of a flower shortage, he'd have done it. Why? Well, he's like Alex, so I know what he'd do...haha!

I've sold Alex on the idea of a cruise sometime too. We just have to pick a time and save up for it. Who knows? Maybe we'll manage for the honeymoon!

9:44 PM

 
Blogger naughtygirl said...

well damn i wanna go on a cruise..can i come too?

6:59 AM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You're so little, any more snow and you won't be able to see over the top!

You forgot to tell us where the next cruise is taking you. Sevastopol? Anchorage? Iceland?

12:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

massive amounts of snow OWN the sun!

5:08 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

KIRA: Cruises are a great value. Carnival is the least expensive line, but they give plenty enough pampering for my taste! The cruise we're considering out of San Juan is only about $690/per person for an ocean view cabin. I'll get discounts with my credit card points. Including the airfare, the entire trip will run us about $1500 - for both of us - for seven days. It works out to about $107 per person per day. That includes transportation, four ports of call (not including San Juan), all the food you can stuff into your face 24-hours a day, at least one show a night, night clubs, activities... it's amazing!! (No, I don't work for the cruise lines.)

JERZEE: Sure! The more the merrier!!

GENE: The kids and I are doing a five day cruise. We're visiting Grand Cayman and Cozumel - two ports where I've been before and feel safe letting the girls explore on their own. We'll be out of Cozumel by 5:00, so there's no time for them to hit Carlos and Charlies.

J: I hate the snow! Actually, it's the cold I hate. The snow would only be a minor annoyance if it wasn't so damn cold!!! It took me forever to dig my car out from under the foot and a half of snow this morning.

9:30 PM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

The picture says it all. "I'd rather be cruising."

10:02 AM

 
Blogger Blog ho said...

Prince Paul

5:49 PM

 
Blogger naughtygirl said...

happy valentines day

7:42 PM

 
Blogger mcgibfried said...

happy valentine's day!

may your boots be knocked to your level of satisfaction!

9:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home