Pondering the complexities of life.

Wednesday, September 21

Training Men


In Amsterdam, the tile under Schiphol's urinals
would pass inspection in an operating room.
But nobody notices.
What everybody does notice is that each urinal
has a fly in it.
Look harder.
The fly is actually the black outline of a fly,
etched into the porcelain.
It improves the aim.
If a man sees a fly, he aims at it.
Fly-in-urinal research found that etchings
reduce splillage by 80%.
It gives a guy something to think about.
That's the perfect example of process control.
Who says men can't be trained?

-----------------------------------

It's not a fireman, Merkin. But it is 11 more days until sweet romantic bliss. (HA!)

10 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Mc said...

I'm a stall man.

10:40 AM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

Those Dutch are clever. I bet it's quite interesting when a fly gets loose in the house.

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

My ex needs one of those.

3:44 PM

 
Blogger DBFrank said...

Hmm. Ain't it the Dutch that have them there neat hydraulic sea walls to keep the ocean in the ocean and outta there country?

6:02 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

Ok, now that's a cool psychology trick! Maybe that'd work for Jared...no, wait, he only does that when he's too sleepy, and then he won't care about the fly either...never mind!

6:06 PM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

They should just post a sign that says, "We aim to please. You aim too, please."

Okay now, this reminds me of Hoss's blog. Somebody called Whizzer posting a blog about . . . well?

Hea, I was a psych major. I'm SUPPOSED to pick up on these things.

And this romantic bliss talk is becoming a bit mawkish. And if you're a word whiz, you know what I'm talking about.

6:07 PM

 
Blogger Dream Owl said...

Damn...I'm going to have to get my stencles out and put a fly in my toilet. LOL

10:58 PM

 
Blogger Paige said...

Where do you find these wacky things WordWhiz?

2:24 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hooray - no firemen. Over the summer (at the time when you erased me from your links!) I spent a few weeks in Holland, Belgium, and Germany with "work". And almost every public urinal had "the fly".

And you know what - it worked! No splashback at all - my suede dancing shoes were splatter free. I KNEW there had to be something the Europeans could do other than piss and moan about themselves. And there it is!

3:43 PM

 
Blogger Mike said...

We can not be trained. We try to aim, really. But, as I am sure that you have heard a hundred times, the little guy has a mind of his own! ;-)

8:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home