Pondering the complexities of life.

Sunday, November 6

Couple time

I seem to be projecting myself in a pretty negative light of late and this post will do nothing to shed that self-inflicted bad image.

The lack of ALONE time with Paul is really getting to me. We went out with some friends last night. It was fun, but seeing so little of each other during the course of a week, we need time to reconnect. Going out with friends is a lot of telling funny stories and jokes and friendly chit-chat. It doesn't allow for more personal, couple talk. And smootching would just be rude.

I just saw him last night, but I feel like it's been AGES! I really miss him.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kira said...

Yes, it IS frustrating when there is no couple time. I love seeing friends (as we did this Saturday), but we had Friday night together and most of Sunday for just us. Therefore, spending all day Saturday with friends was fine and dandy. Since we, too, only see each other on the weekends/not as much as we'd like, I'd go crazy not having time to snuggle, smooch, and whisper. Even when we have the kids, we can get that after they go to bed (even if we can't get MORE action, you know?). Did Paul mention missing that couple time too? Or does he have a different perspective on the issue?

12:12 AM

 
Blogger Peter said...

Patience whiz, you have a lifetime in front of you yet.

4:20 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Kira: Naturally...just like you and I were twins separated at birth, Paul is very Alex-like. Gosh I miss him.

Peter: I realize I'm being whiney. It's awful to have something so wonderful and still find a way to complain!! I shouldn't be so negative.

6:21 AM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

Set aside one of the weekend days just for you and Paul. Smooching and stuff is more fun than swapping stories. ;)

8:52 AM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Here are some sayings to keep you company:

Parting is such sweet sorrow.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Grasshoppers aren't at good as saving as ants.

10:43 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

BF: Ah yes...swapping spit is much more fun than swapping stories!!

3:20 PM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

Maybe I'm getting too old but I'd rather swap stories than spit.

I do understand your need for quiet time. It was wonderful for my wife and I to re-connect after the boys went on to college. Every night was, or could have been, date night.

5:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home