Pondering the complexities of life.

Saturday, September 24

Better now...

I'm feeling much better. Thanks for your concern. A stomach bug got hold of me on Wednesday. Believing it to be something that would pass quickly, I called in and said I'd be late for work. I went in around 11:00 and soon realized I'd made a huge mistake. I was really sick. I left two hours later and spent the rest of the day in bed. I was back at work on Thursday, but still not feeling completely better. By Friday I was back to normal. Thank goodness!!

Paul and I went to an oldies dance on Friday night. Earlier in the day, I was speaking with a good friend of mine who I've known for years. I told him Paul and I were going dancing that evening. He asked, "Does Paul know what he's getting himself into? Does he realize you'll drag him out on the dance floor and never let him sit down?" I'm not sure if Paul did know that in advance. I guess he knows now! I let him sit down once or twice. Hey, dancing is good exercise, right? Lucky for me he's such an agreeable guy.

Today, I bought a new (used) car. My Subaru had 130,000 miles on it and it sounded horrible. I didn't want to invest in the expensive exhaust system replacement, so I traded it in on a Honda CR-V with 50,000 miles. I always buy Japanese and I drive my cars until they have virtually no trade-in value. I figure this one will keep me going for at least the next 3-4 years. It's very cute, similar to my Subaru Forester, but taller and more roomy inside. I like it.

New Hampshire is just a week from tomorrow. After the dance last night, Paul and I were smooching good-night in his garage, realizing that we own two three-bedroom houses, neither of which we have the privacy to smooch in! Teenagers think THEY have it bad!! They have no clue! At least they aren't paying the mortgage on those homes in which they can get no privacy!!

Seven days, 11 hours, and counting!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. Love the CR-V. When my husband was shopping for a new car last year, he really wanted to look at SUVs. I tried to talk him into the CR-V since it gets better gas mileage than most. I told him it was cute, and that was the death knell. He said that was the problem, it's "cute." Guess he wanted something more manly. In the end he didn't get an SUV at all, but a practical Accord.

8:51 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Hondas are good vehicles. Practical is good! I opted for practical AND cute...but I'm not concerned with looking "manly"!

10:33 PM

 
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Ah, you're back. Ah, your front. Glad you're feeling better. Missed you.

10:44 PM

 
Blogger naughtygirl said...

glad to hear you are well again. and i love hondas. they are very good cars. my car had 275,000 miles on it and the only reason i dont have it is i drove it into another car.lol or itd probably still be alive!

12:37 PM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Geez you are so unkind to yourselves. Send kids out to clean the garage....

Glad you are re-well.

12:52 PM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

Glad to see you out and about again. Nice car. Want to trade. :)

2:29 PM

 
Blogger mcgibfried said...

welcome to the wonderful world of honda..

i have a pilot and i love it!

7:15 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

I understand! Mine are younger than teens, but for a variety of reasons, I was with Alex and the kids this weekend and...there was no action going on between us due to the presence of the kids...*sobs* Oh well! We had a great time anyway.

I only do japanese cars myself. Mine is a gas efficient Mazda Protege. Unfortunately, at 5 yrs of age I've put 123,000 miles on this sucker. I kept my old one for 10 years and I hit 160,000 with that one...I've just been having bad luck for getting jobs that carry me far away (and boyfriends who live farther away too). Sigh.

So glad you are feeling better!

9:15 PM

 
Blogger Jezzy said...

Great new car!

I've been reading your blog through Kira and Amanda for a while now and it's great how happy you're sounding.

9:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home