Pondering the complexities of life.

Monday, October 10

Gone Fishin'

Since I began enjoying a real social life, I've found I have less time to devote to blogging. I often feel guilty for not checking in more regularly with the folks I link to.

It seems I'm not alone. More and more of my blogger friends are taking a break lately. There seems to be almost an epidemic of fellow bloggers on hiatus. When life begins to interfere with cyberspace, life SHOULD be the one to win out!

I'm not planning a hiatus, at least not any more than I've already been doing. However, I do have to turn in that second article by October 17, so I expect to be spending the majority of my free time on that this week. If I'm mysteriously missing from your comments section, that's why. I'll be back. I'm sure it's quite obvious to all who visit that I don't concern myself too much with having something interesting to say in order to post!!

HA! HA! HA!

PS to Snake: I hope you know that I was just kiddin'. I can't blame you for hitting on my friend. No one would argue that she is quite the dame!
;-)

10 Comments:

Blogger Hermes said...

We all need a break sometimes. You deserve one. Enjoy, and never forget us little people.

1:29 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

HA! "Little people"! Hermes, you are an uber-blogger. I am one of the "little people"!! Thanks!

6:34 AM

 
Blogger Kira said...

Real life is just nuts right now for everybody, I guess! For me, it probably won't calm down now until after I have my grades in for the term in December. I think they're due like the 8th or 9th of December...brrr...

6:41 AM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I ain't buyin' her no damn Corvette, though. She ain't THAT hot. (She IS?)

10:58 AM

 
Blogger Mona said...

It's somewhat comforting to see that several of us have other things to tend to and that we know when we need to take breaks or slow down a little. Do exactly what you need to do, completely guilt-free :)

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Monique said...

Makes perfect sense... taking a break from writing to, well, write! I slowed down on the blogging too when my own article deadline was looming. Finally picking up the pace again, I think.

1:15 PM

 
Blogger Blog ho said...

sounds nice.

3:33 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

Life is crazy right now, but in a good way. I miss reading blogs.

4:11 PM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

Speaking of bloggers on hiatus, any idea what happened to Lejnd? His blog is, well, just gone. His was one of the more revealing blogs too. I liked reading it.

5:15 PM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

I also noticed several people I read taking breaks. I'll be taking one soon, too. Got to write a novel next month. *chuckles* Yeah, right.

7:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home