Pondering the complexities of life.

Saturday, October 1

Some of my favorite people are having birthdays!

Today (Saturday) is my youngest son's 12th birthday. I'm taking him and a couple of his friends to Roger Williams Park in Rhode Island, where people drink margaritas and pee salt (reference: this post), to ride paddle boats on the lake. We'll grab some happy meals on the drive home and then have cake at the house. I bought my son a spy kit for his birthday. I will need to start being very careful what I say when he's around! One of the pieces allows a person to hear whispered conversation from another room. That could be dangerous!

Speaking of birthdays, you should all stop by Old Horsetail Snake's blog and wish him a very happy 75th birthday. Maybe he'll tell you why his birthday is both October 1-2.

Paul and I are leaving early tomorrow morning for our three-day romantic get-away in New Hampshire. FINALLY!!! While I'm away and completely without access to the internet, I'm entrusting my user name and password to my good buddy and previously mentioned birthday boy, Hoss. Either I trust him implicitly, I enjoy public humiliation or I'm just plain crazy! I suspect the latter is the case. He will be posting here on Monday and Iwill have no way of knowing what is appearing on my blog until I return on Tuesday night. It's a somewhat frightening thought, but you will undoubtedly enjoy it immensely and since I'm not going to be giving much thought to the old blogsite while I'm away (no offense!), ENJOY!!

I'll leave you with a few blonde jokes:

Why did the blonde scale the chain-link fence?
ANSWER: To see what was on the other side.

What do you call 20 blondes in a freezer?
ANSWER: Frosted flakes.

What is it when a blonde blows into another blonde's ear?
ANSWER: Data transfer.
--------------------------------------------
GENE: THANKS AND HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!
EVERYONE ELSE: HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

7 Comments:

Blogger naughtygirl said...

yayy have a great weekend

12:59 PM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Thanks, Flake. Enjoy yourself. And not to worry. I come in peace.

3:23 PM

 
Blogger poopie said...

Birthday boy did me up right when he guest posted at my place. He'll be high on sugar for days so I expect yours to go well too ;)

5:20 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

I think it's all three. Definitely.

HAVE A BLAST!!!! I'm so excited for you, and yes, when you return, email me 'cause you wuv me, ok? I want to know how much leaf coloration you actually saw....haha!

5:21 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Okay...I'm off to pack! I'm handing the keys to the kingdom to my second favorite birthday boy (the first being my son, naturally). It's all yours Hoss. Have fun and I'll be in touch when I get back. (Be gentle with me!!)

KIRA: I promise that email will follow!! Count on it!

7:58 PM

 
Blogger Ryon said...

Have a great weekend! Happy birthday to all!

12:15 PM

 
Blogger A* said...

I am so so so jealous. I want to spen a weekend in New Hamsphire w/ Hof.

WAAAAAAAAAH!

Ok, WW! hope you have a fantabulous time. Take lotsa lotsa pictures. :)

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home