Pondering the complexities of life.

Tuesday, September 27

Going parking...in your 40s!!

My age characterizes me as one of the older bloggers on this site. Many of the blogs I visit are authored by folks in their 20s or early 30s. When Jerzee responded to my "Year 2030" post by pointing out that she'd be 50 ["Oh horrors!"] in the year 2030, I realized what a relic I am. I'll be 70 in 2030...assuming I live that long! [Gene, is it too soon to get on the waiting list to live at your resort community in 2030??]

On the plus side, being divorced and in my mid-40s supplies me with a host of new and exciting opportunities that I've never before experienced! For example, dating when you have adult-aged kids. You've heard me whine about the lack of privacy. Between the two of us, we own TWO three-bedroom houses. Next week we're leaving the state and driving four hours to a resort in New Hampshire in order to "get a room"! Go ahead and laugh you 25-35 readers! When was the last time you had to go parking in order to smooch with your honey??

Paul told me tonight that his 20-year-old son gave him the equivalent of the "if-you-can't-be-good-be-careful" lecture, in anticipation of our upcoming get-away. Upon hearing about this, I blushed. I don't consider myself someone who embarrasses all that easily, but I turned red! It's one thing to exchange flirtatious comments with your sweetheart; it's another to have that side of your relationship become a topic of interest to your adult kids. Paul enjoyed having that kind of mature "guy talk" with his son - sort of a chummy, man-to-man thing. He's not the outsider trying to make a good impression! What are his kids thinking?? What is my daughter (she'll be 18 in three weeks) thinking?? Do I want to know what they're thinking?? I believe I feel my face turning red again!!

------------------------------------
PS: MISSED IT!! While I was sitting in a car dealership, waiting for them to tell me how much they would offer for my trade-in, I heard an ad on the radio for the "Suds 'n Studs" car wash. It was SATURDAY!! Since I had my 12-year-old son with me and I was in the middle of new car negotiations, I obviously couldn't run right over there. I can't believe I missed my annual fire-fighter hunk-fest!! How upsetting!

10 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

Hey Whiz, I am one of those 30 somethings (33 this Sunday). I have to say that I can feel your pain on the needing to find a spot. I may tell you the tale in email form someday. Ask and you shall recieve. Tough when you need to go find a spot. hahaha

11:57 PM

 
Blogger Paige said...

At age 24 I'm sure you don't even want to know what I have to say about being old, so I'll just say

Hey WordWhiz, aren't you the ONLY blogger on this site? I'm just saying! And you know, you are right there with us emotionally anyway. I connect with ya!

Vegas Baby!

3:40 AM

 
Blogger Kira said...

All right, I barely scratch into the age grouping of the younger bloggers at 35, but I didn't get any action last weekend due to the non-adult kids, so...sometimes that happens as well! I kept thinking, they have to go to bed early and then we will get some time...but I was wrong for many reasons *sobs*

On a similar vein, I laughed my ass off when Ariana informed Alex a year ago that he was to marry her mother and then GET ME PREGNANT. No really, she went there. She wants a baby to play with badly, so we basically had my daughter (who was at that time six) telling me to go get married and have sex so she could have another sibling. Alex turned BEET RED!!!!

7:08 AM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

I love it that Paul got the be careful speach from his son. LOL.

10:20 AM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I don't know, kid. The way they build things these days this place might be a tenement in 2030. Maybe rent will come down, though...

3:04 PM

 
Blogger naughtygirl said...

well damn you missed the fireman? and hey why do i havve to be the one that made you think old thoughts?lol

and i havent done a room thing in almost two years. and before that it was parking.lol and if you ask me those days were much more fun
!! so right on. go on with your naughty self...;)

7:29 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Tom: Email sent. I await your response.

Paige: No...you would be one of those youngin's!! And I meant the Blogger site, not my personal site. Although I have had a couple of guest posts. (Still waiting for Bandit and McG to come through as promised!!)

Kira: Clearly I didn't mean you. You're like my soulmate! Funny story about your daughter. My ex emailed me today to say that my youngest son (12 on Saturday) wants to meet my new boyfriend to make sure he's okay. Isn't that cute?? My hero!!

Lejnd: Yeah...yuck it up! You guys don't blush over the use of the word "condom"!! Unfortunately, I DO!

Gene: Well, so long as YOU'RE still there in 2030, I'll still want to relocate there!
:-)

Jerzee: Girl, I just told you I blush at the word "condom"!! Exactly how nasty do you think I'm getting in the car?? Never mind, don't answer that!
:-)

8:21 PM

 
Blogger mcgibfried said...

this has inspired me to have a poolboy car wash.

huzzah!

1:49 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Tish: 61? The government says I'm not even old enough to retire at 61. (Or at 65 for that matter!)

McG: A pool boy car wash sounds EXCELLENT! Let me know when and where and I'll be there!!

6:35 AM

 
Blogger Mona said...

Oh yeah, I'd be blushing right along with you.

7:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home