Pondering the complexities of life.

Thursday, October 6

Stuff

The editor brought by copies of the magazine in which my very first freelance article was published. The money was nothing but it was so worth it to see my name listed as a “Contributing Writer.” WOW! I’m a writer! I’ve been assigned a second article and we’re discussing a third! (They must be seriously desperate!!)

In response to comments I’ve received here and in emails concerning the New Hampshire photos:

  • Yes, Paul is very good-looking – and even more gorgeous inside. Thank you for noticing; just remember, he’s MINE!
  • I’m not really that tiny. Paul is about 6’2”. That makes my 5’5” seem small.
  • Yes, we DID get out of the room long enough to shoot some 70+ photos featuring all sorts of sights. What were you thinking??

I just love Merkin's suggestions in the comments section of my last post. He said:

Just noticed your tagline still reads: "I'm struggling to discover and comprehend life's truths: religion, relationships, and the meaning behind our existence. Who am I and why am I here?"

Surely it should now read something along the lines of:"I've struggled and have now discovered life's truths. It's all about moistened firemen and a hunk named Paul. I'm so very happy - and want to tell you all!"

I may just use that, word-for-word. (Giving due credit, naturally.) If any of you want to offer up any other suggestions for a new profile description, please feel free to do so in the comments! I feel almost like Hofzinser when he had to stop blogging from the reference point of a single dude after coupling with A*!

I'm afraid I have to cut this short. I have a TON of stuff I’ve been putting off around here that I really NEED to get done! Thanks for stopping by for my daily dose of sappy tripe!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

Welcome back, glad you had such a great trip. The pictures are wonderful!

12:05 AM

 
Blogger Paige said...

I've missed ya CheeseWhiz!

2:35 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Awww...you guys are so nice!!!

7:07 AM

 
Blogger Monique said...

Duh, I totally meant to say also, congrats on getting your article published!! And they want more... wow!

7:46 AM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well, how about this:

"I have discovered that sometimes God says 'Yes'."

10:23 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Gene: PERFECT!!! That's exactly how I feel! (And trust me, He's been telling me "No" for a frustratingly long period of time!!

10:41 AM

 
Blogger Mona said...

Congrats on being a contributing writer! And I love the pics of you and Paul...you guys look so incredibly in love :)

Here's another idea for your profile: "Yes, I am the shit."

Not completely appropriate, huh?

2:25 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I was blushing, but now Gene's beaten me into the top spot. OK, I'll go away and think of another one...

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Blog ho said...

sweet. congrats! i'm jealous :)

4:41 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

No Mona...I like that. I'll have to add that to Merkin's!!

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Pirate said...

where were you published?

11:05 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Pirate: It's honestly not a very big deal - no place you'd have heard of! It's a new local magazine, a give-away which is supported by ad space. The articles deal primarily with topics of local interest to state residents and tourists. (Although my article was on aromatherapy, a topic I was assigned and knew absolutely nothing about.)

8:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home