Pondering the complexities of life.

Tuesday, October 4

A big thanks to my friend, Gene!!!

I'm back...but too tired to reply to all 24 comments on the post Gene did for me!! Wow...that Ol' Hoss sure is popular.

First of all, I didn't know my state (Connecticut) now owned the city of Providence, Rhode Island. It's really a lovely city, by the way. They actually do have gondola rides (if you ever watched the television show and wondered). They also have some pretty hot looking firemen!!

I read the first part of Gene's post to my New Hampshire date and he agreed that he was a lucky guy. The three days in the White Mountains were wonderful. Weather was gorgeous...almost TOO warm. I didn't use any of the sweaters, sweatshirts or turtlenecks I brought! The resort was very nice and we had a balcony room overlooking the mountains. We did a TON of hiking, going somewhere new every day. We took two different cable car rides up to the top of mountains, we saw lots of waterfalls and took a whole bunch of pictures. (I'll post some more later this week.)

Paul doesn't snore or hog the bed (although a king sized bed is HUGE...you could lose a person in there!!) and didn't seem horrified by my first-thing-in-the-morning appearance. We had a wonderful time and it will be extremely difficult to wait until the weekend to see him again. I've gotten very spoiled by having him around 24-hours a day for three days.

My daughter did fine holding down the fort while I was away and the only major incident was the death of "Paul" the turtle. (Remember the two turtles we smuggled home from Florida?) Henry seems to be holding his own. Let's hope whatever illness got hold of Paul does not also infect Henry.

Gotta get some sleep!!!

Kira/Tom: Emails to follow.
Hoss: Thanks for posting for me. I'll catch up with you on Messenger soon.
Poopie: I'll see if Paul's got a single friend for you.



9 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Welcome back; glad to hear you had such a good time and that he didn't faint dead away at the sight of you in the morning. Of course, you didn't mention morning breath! LOL

11:39 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

Can't wait for the email, and so glad you had a great time! I'm heading off late this afternoon to Columbia to be with Alex, and I can't wait.

Ok, so, now the problem is: Paul doesn't snore. I was depending on Paul snoring so that we could learn his one fault right now. Oh well! Haha!

6:21 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Kenju: I took those Listerine strips with me. They are inconspicuous and very handy!!

Kira: Email to come. Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

6:30 AM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

Welcome back, my friend. Glad you had a good time. It is amazing how big a King size bed is, isn't it?

9:01 AM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well, that turned out even better than I thought it would. Hoo boy, I am so happy for you I could spit. So I think I will.

12:18 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Lejnd: Yes...a king-sized bed is enormous!! (Maybe TOO big!)

BG: Thanks! I love that: FTITM relationship litmus test! Cute! I've been asked to write two more magazine articles - one of them about travel, incorporating stories from my recent trip to New Hampshire. I wonder if I could find a place to incorporate that FTITM test in my story.

Snake: Oh, please don't split!!! Honestly, it went better than I expected too!! And he's already called to leave me a message saying how much he loves and misses me. If this is a dream, DON'T PINCH ME!! I don't want to wake up!!

1:05 PM

 
Blogger Mona said...

So good to hear you had such a dreamy time!!!! LOve the pics and love hearing about the fun. I can understand not wanting to wait to see him again!

I can't even begin to express how happy I am for you :)

1:10 PM

 
Blogger Paige said...

Glad you had a good time Cheese Whiz!

2:11 PM

 
Blogger mcgibfried said...

yes.. welcome back..

that old bridge looks like a peaceful little place.
i'm stealing it for the relaxation file.

7:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home