Pondering the complexities of life.

Thursday, December 1

Double Whammy

Remember I told you that my ex was writing a book about his on-line dating experience? Possessing an ego that is second only to his competitive nature, he attempted to turn internet dating into a science. It was not unusual for him to schedule three dates in one weekend. He was a man with a mission: Looking for a new and improved woman to replace the out-dated model. He theorized that the odds were better if he auditioned as many women as possible for the role.

I believe he has gone out with nearly 100 women in a little over two years - a few of them more than once. Just thinking about it is exhausting. And where has this experiment taken him? To his computer, to record his experiences in a non-fiction comedy novel.

He submitted the manuscript to several literary agents, one of whom took an immediate interest. She sent him a couple of emails as she read through the manuscript, telling him how uproariously funny she found his work. Then she reached the end...or more accurately, the last page. The story really has no end. He is still furiously seeking a new mate, expanding his search to date women in other states, hours away. The literary agent wrote back saying that the book had no "pay off" for the reader. She suggested he either fictionalize it to include a more upbeat (albiet false) ending, or wait to resubmit it when there was really was more satisfying end to the story.

Not only does his social life suck, but his agent isn't interested in publishing his novel until his love life improves! HA! Talk about a double-whammy!!

(Oh I know it's not polite to point out the ironic humor in the situation. I can't help myself!!)

15 Comments:

Blogger Kira said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*snort*

Sorry. Was that mean? *looks angelic*

I guess that book'll remain unpublished for a while!

6:37 PM

 
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I hate it when books get rejected, but in this case I'll make an exception.

7:36 PM

 
Blogger Peter said...

Hi W-Whizz, there is a god after all the writers god of double whammies!

9:14 PM

 
Blogger Monique said...

LOL! What Paul said!

PS: I saw your response to my comment on the patch. Thanks for the info!

9:52 PM

 
Blogger ... said...

That's kinda a beautiful story...I'm lovin' it!

10:02 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

LOL! That's great!

9:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma anyone?

9:40 AM

 
Blogger Foilwoman said...

I will, just this once, allow for the existence of a kind and merciful, but just and whimsically humorous, deity.

10:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to read it...if it's scandelous though, only then.

1:15 PM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

Gee, I was hoping to read it too. So all it needs is an ending, eh. Literary agents like books with twists and surprises. Maybe your ex- can become a monk. Or discover that he is gay. Suggest it to him. We all need a good read here (well, besides your blog).

2:37 PM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

He could get an ending from my piece of Dec. 2: He gets the syphillis and they cut off his wang. Good payback for the reader, no?

4:11 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Gene: I don't know about ALL readers, but it would be a damn good ending from MY perspective!! BRAVO!!

6:25 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

OMG....Hoss...I'm dying here! That's hilarious!

7:52 PM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

I've been thinking on and off all day for a short funny ending for his book. My buddy Hoss beat me to it.

11:53 PM

 
Blogger naughtygirl said...

lmao i think its funny!

12:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home