Pondering the complexities of life.

Tuesday, June 20

Fluff is all I've got left!

I turned in two freelance articles this week – one on decorating children’s bedrooms and one on cruise vacations. I had trouble trimming the cruise article down to 1,500 words. With the deadline looming, I sent 1,700. I'm sure the editor will find it easier to cut than I did.

Writing articles about topics of personal interest can be more difficult than writing articles requiring research. It's tough not to include excessive details when the subject is of personal interest. I have one more article assignment, but that's not due for another month. I think I'll take a little time off before starting that one. It's on another subject of personal interest:
A Romantic Weekend Get-Away in New Hampshire!
Having no original ideas left, here are some fluffy truisms I received by email. Enjoy!

And Hoss, if you haven’t already read these somewhere else (unlikely) feel free to steal them for your place!

***************************************************

When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog that barks all the time run to the end of his chain and gag himself.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

He who hesitates is probably right.

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

Ever notice that the people who are late are often much jollier than the people who have to wait for them?

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.

Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open.

Once over the hill, you pick up speed.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

If the shoe fits......buy it in every color.

5 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

I've noticed that about lateniks--they never seem too contrite. We had a boat departure from an island postponed because one of the passengers decided to take a walk without a map. When he finally came running up and boarded the boat, all I could here was snickers from him and his wife. I thought he should have at LEAST been made to walk the plank.

7:29 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

"The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble."

MAN that is true. My parents did it to us four, and now I do it to my two...it's the clear indicator of "you're gonna get it now, buddy!"

8:23 PM

 
Blogger kenju said...

Oh, I love the line about ignornance and bliss! So true. I can't wait for your reunion post! Let me know when it is up, please?

11:50 PM

 
Blogger Peter said...

That's good quality fluff WW.

11:19 AM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I sorta think I will be vague here, Whizzer. You know....

3:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home