Pondering the complexities of life.

Wednesday, March 22

Elvis in Vegas

I went over to Paul's house after work last night and had dinner with Paul and his son. Paul's a great cook, by the way. Equally good is the fact that he doesn't seem bothered by the fact that I'm NOT that good a cook!

Paul's son told us that one of Paul's friends at work had been spreading the rumor that Paul and I were going to get hitched in Vegas. I refused a second portion at dinner, reminding Paul that we were going to be in Vegas in six weeks and I needed to look good for the wedding. He said something about a woman wanting to look beautiful in her wedding dress and I replied, "Nah...been there done that. It's blue jeans and an Elvis impersonator or nothing."

That's about the closest we've ever come to broaching that subject!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kira said...

HAHA! Yes, now that's a wedding "dress" to have on for pictures!

Some of my students have decided that Alex and I will get hitched there. One of them DID get hitched in Vegas, so she had all sorts of suggestions for us. And Hoss, well, Hoss is trying to get us to do it. However, I am not doing it without the kids present. However, you make it sound so tempting :)

9:35 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

DOUBLE WEDDING, KIRA! TWICE AS FUN!!

:-)

9:57 PM

 
Blogger Paige said...

Can we do the drive through wedding? Please Please Please???

3:05 AM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

I was going to suggest the drive-thru wedding, but Paige beat me to it.

11:37 AM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Or no clothes at all!!!

("It was just a private little ceremony....")

1:40 PM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

Just to make sure I've got this straight . . . Paul's an Elvis impersonator?

6:15 PM

 
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

My hubby and I are so getting our vows renewed by Elvis...then maybe the drive-thru!

4:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home