Pondering the complexities of life.

Monday, March 13

We've been away...

Paul and I spent a romantic weekend in Newport at a lovely bed and breakfast. This was our room.

There really was a working fireplace and a jacuzzi tub right in the room, in addition to our large private bathroom with a shower. The inn served biscotti and tea in the afternoon and a great breakfast in the morning.

The weather was kind of crappy this weekend...warm, but overcast with occasional rain, but the rain held off while we were walking the cliff walk.

Here are some photos:





7 Comments:

Blogger Kira said...

Wow, that room looks (and sounds) gorgeous! Weekends away are so much fun...mini vacations and all. Did you get to eat at any interesting restaurants? (remember, I'm food obsessive...)

10:08 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

We ate at a place called "The Red Parrot". The menu was in a loose-leaf binder. So many choices of both foods and fancy drinks! It was great. We ate both a dinner and a lunch there!!!

7:23 AM

 
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

The room looks amazing!! I'm not sure if it is the same place where we stayed but if we go back, I definately want to to stay where you were, wow!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

11:45 AM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

That brings back memories of when my wife and I stayed at a bed & breakfast at an old sea captain's home north of Acadia in Maine. I just love the New England seacoast. I don't think I've ever been to Rhode Island, though. (I assume that's where Newport is)

12:25 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Dave - Yup, the smallest state in the US!!

Amanda - If you want to stay here, do it OFF SEASON. It was very affordable now. In the summer months, the same room goes for over $400/night! And that is nowhere NEAR affordable in my book!!

5:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really beautiful!

Nice to have some time alone, isn't it?

9:20 AM

 
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Wow, I love the last picture...what a view.

11:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home