Pondering the complexities of life.

Monday, March 27

I borrowed this

My good friend offered to let me borrow this amusing story about his comical neighbor, Mable Allgood. Gene has plenty of funny stories to tell and figured he could spare this one in order to give my blog a bit of class.

It seems that Mable, having finished her grocery shopping, returned to her car and found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her voice, "I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!" Mable is a pretty tough old broad!

The four men didn't wait for a second invitation. They got out and ran like mad. Mable, somewhat shaken, proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and get into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried and tried before it dawned on her what the problem was. A few minutes later she located her own car parked four or five spaces farther down. She loaded her bags into the car and then drove to the police station. The sergeant to whom she told the story nearly tore himself in two with laughter. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, wearing glasses and a T-Shirt reading "B**g This!" and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filled.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kira said...

For some reason, this reminds me of the day I bought a brand new car in 1990. I drove it home, excited, and then did a few things around the house. Late that evening, I decided to go to the grocery store to get a few items. I went to the parking lot, found my car, and then fumbled a bit with the lock as it was dark. Damn key wouldn't open it. Went to all sides of the car as this one fellow just sat there and stared at me try to open up my car. Then suddenly it dawned on me: um, Kira? This is not your car. Embarrassed, I exclaimed, "Oh crap! This is the wrong car!" The man finally laughed and said, "Ahhhh that's why you're trying to get into my car!" I immediately ran over to my car--same color, same style although a different make--right next to his and pointed to the temporary tags sheepishly as a way of showing that I wasn't used to my new car yet.

Ooopsie.

6:04 AM

 
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

That was such a great story! I loved it!

But you don't need to borrow someone's story to jazz up your blog. you are doing fine on your own!

10:20 AM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

I rode to church with another couple a few weeks ago. After church, I had to talk to somebody, so the couple I rode with went outside to warm up the car and wait for me. I went outside and climbed into the backseat of their car. Only then I looked up and it was not their car and another couple from church were sitting in the front seat letting their car warm up. The man turned to me and said, "Tom, can we give you a ride home?"
Of course, the couple that I was supposed to be riding with saw it all and laughed and laughed. They don't call me bornfool for nothing. (being color blind didn't help.)

12:06 PM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You seem to bring out the "best" in people (Kira, Tom). Fine story, Whizzer.

12:24 PM

 
Blogger mcgibfried said...

that is PRICELESS.
i wish i could happen by when an old woman is jacking some kids..

i'll bet they vowed never to speak of the day when grandma punked them..

9:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home