Pondering the complexities of life.

Wednesday, March 29

Muldoon

Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only a pet dog for company. One day, the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and said, "Father, my dog is dead. Could ya' be sayin' a mass for the poor creature?"

Father Patrick replied, "I'm afraid not. We cannot have services for an animal in the church. But there is a new denomination down the lane, and there's no tellin' what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for the creature."

Muldoon said, "I'll go right away Father. Do ya' think $5,000 is enough to donate for the service?"

Father Patrick exclaimed, "Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus! Why didn't ya' tell me the dog was Catholic?"

***************************************

I picked up my new car last night after two annoying delays I won't go into. Car dealerships earn their reputation for making promises and delivering excuses! But the car is beautiful and pristine. Having always bought used cars, my vehicles generally come with the first scratch or ding already in place. In fact, they generally come with several of those scratches and dings! I ran my hand over the new car and it's completely smooth. No scratches. No little puck marks from tossed up sand or pebbles. No rust. And it rides like it's floating on air...smooth!

Wow!

8 Comments:

Blogger bornfool said...

Congratulations. You get the honor of putting the first scratch and or ding on your new car.

8:49 AM

 
Blogger Peter said...

Don't you just love that new car smell?

9:22 AM

 
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Why didn't you tell me you were going to get a Catholic car: The Virgin Ferry.

11:16 AM

 
Blogger Kira said...

See, Bornfool is likely to make you nervous there! At least, when I got my last car it was brand new (a 2000), and I lived in fear of the first ding. When it finally happened, it was almost a relief...I could stop parking far away from other cars at that point. Haha!

5:55 PM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

Speaking as someone who has owned several new cars, you'll be surprised how fast that first scratch or ding will come.

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Ralph said...

Good joke. Good luck with the car. When I bought mine (about a year ago) it was just the opposite. I got a lot more service and attention than I expected.
Ralph

8:58 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Well...a bird had already shat upon the new vehicle before noon today. Somebody tell me that's lucky!!

9:44 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

Wow, that's LUCKY!

(there ya go!)

11:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home