Pondering the complexities of life.

Wednesday, April 5

And the gas prices are no fun either!!!

I went straight from work to Paul's house tonight for dinner and a movie. The assortment of long commutes I deal with on a regular basis is about killing me. I live in one state, work in another and date someone from a third. My morning commute to work takes me around 50 minutes; it translates to closer to an hour on the way home. From my house to Paul's is 50-60 minutes each way. The drive from my office to Paul's house is 1.25-1.5 hours, depending on traffic. No matter where I am at any given time, I'm an hour or so from where I want to be. It's exhausting.

I'm typing this post at 12:15 AM on Wednesday morning (or is it Tuesday night??). I have to get up in 5.5 hours to get ready for work. So why am I here?? I need some time to shift gears after the drive home.

I'm ready for sleep now. Tomorrow (or should I say, later today??) is another day (or is it the same day??).

4 Comments:

Blogger Kira said...

I can totally empathize here. All my activities are in the same state, but they are all far away. When I have the kids (most of the time!), the commute to work ends up being one hour and fifteen minutes each way as I drop them off at school in one direction, then head in the complete opposite direction to go to work. If the ex has them, it's not so bad: 30 min each way. But that's a rare day. Then, to see Alex on the weekends, I drive two hours on Friday and two hours on Sunday. I can expect to have that commute through May of 2007. Every weekend I mentally bitch about the drive, but then when I ponder that the alternative is to not see him, I sigh and suck it up. I yearn for the day when I do not live in my car. What is it like to have your love in your house and your work place close by? Yes, one day I shall find out. And when I find out, I'll come back and tell you, ok? Haha!

(and why am *I* up at this hour? bad cold. Lucky me)

2:40 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Kira: Probably wearing yourself down with all that driving!! My daughter has a bad cold too. Hope you feel better soon.

Yeah, let me know how it is!! Make sure I'm awake before you tell me; I want to be sure I hear you.

Loved Alex's "Ode to Kira". What a doll!! And I agree with everything he said! There are not enough positive adjectives to describe you!!

6:52 AM

 
Blogger kenju said...

Don't ou want to consider moving closer to either your work or Paul?

3:14 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Kenju: I can't move until at least the summer. My daughter is a senior in high school and I can't leave the school district until after she graduates.

5:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home